Thursday, May 26, 2011

Food Blog- Buffalo Chicken Bites


So here is a delicious recipe that I put together for the Grey's Finale Party at the Watkins Wave Ride home. The Baking Bride and The Rodgerses were also in attendance and we ate these little puppies up!

And the BEST part of them is they are Totally South Beach!! I actually got the recipe of my little south beach app and they are probably my new go to party dish...

Buffalo Chicken Bites
3 tbsp ICBINB (I cant believe its not butter) 2 tbsp Hot Sauce (I used the cheapest at the PIG)
1 tsp Canola Oil 1/4 tsp Salt Pinch of Black Pepper
3 Skinless Chicken Breasts cut into 1 inch cubes
3 Celery Stalks cut into 1 inch sections

Melt ICBINB in a small sauce pan. Whisk in Hot Sauce and cook for 1 to 2 Minutes or until slightly thickened and set aside.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper and add to pan. Cook chicken turning occasionally, until browned on all sides, about 6 minutes. Add Hot Sauce mixture to pan and gently toss chicken until well coated on all sides. 1 to 2 Minutes.
Remove chicken from pan and skewer each with a toothpick and then skewer 1 piece of celery at the bottom of the toothpick. Arrange on a platter and serve with dip. (I used Ranch because I'm sometimes overwhelmed by Blue Cheese but either would do well)
These were so yummy and you can add more hot sauce if you'd like... I didn't really measure that well and ours could have used a bit more, but we like things on the spicier side.

I hope you enjoy at your next tailgating or gameday party!!
-Chels

No comments:

Post a Comment