Thursday, May 19, 2011

First Food Blog- Pecan Crusted Chcken

So phase 1 of south beach is pretty much a no sugars or starches, processed or natural. Meaning that it mostly consists of lean meats, cheeses, most nuts and veggies.
As I was craving nugs (chicken nuggets) the other day I just knew there had to be a suitable, delicious, phase 1 alternative. That is when I found a recipe for pecan crusted chicken thighs, with a few changes to the original, I made it SB friendly and totally yummy!! Now I will share it with you!

Easy Pecan Crusted Chicken

Ingredients

1 1/2 c. crushed pecans 1 tsp salt 1/2 tsp Ms Dash 1 tsp Tony's

2 egg whites 4 servings of boneless,skinless, chicken thighs



Almost completely thaw chicken.


Grind or pound pecans to fine as possible, add 1st 3 ingredients & mix well.


Whisk egg whites. Then dip breast in egg & pecan mix making sure to cover both sides. Roll back into shape.

Place in a baking dish & Bake at 350 for about 35 min. or until brown & juices run clear.

I made some green beans to go along as a side with my chicken and it was so good.

What is so great about this recipe was that everything I needed to make it I already had in my freezer or pantry. Its so great to just pull a few simple ingredients and make such a delightful dish! Hope you enjoy with your family!


Love always,

Chels

No comments:

Post a Comment