Friday, May 10, 2013

I've been a cookin'

As you know I am on a journey to cook through a cookbook by the end of the year 2013 and I've been busy... I forget to post and keep you updated on my progress.. 

so I'll do a quick recap. 

The book is "100 Recipes Every Woman Should Know" by Cindi Leive and the Editors at Glamour Magazine. 

And I am about 12-13 recipes in. 

This stew was super yummy!
(Thanks to the Easter Bunny for my new stock pot!)

Each recipe is teaching me something new, whether it be a new cooking style or how to use an ingredient I've never had the pleasure of using before. I'm really enjoying each of the recipes and even if I'm not a huge fan of whatever it may be, I take notes on how to make it into something that I'd love!

Its also pushing me to come up with new side dishes and take time to think about how the whole meal will come together rather than just relying on some old staples. 

Here is a recipe for the Gluten-free cornbread that I made to go with the stew shown above. You can tell this was good cornbread because thats all that was left ... and there were only 3 of us eating... :) 


I'll try to be better at taking photos and posting reviews. I already have the next post's photos and a bonus recipe with it! 

Until tomorrow!
-Chelsea Lou


No comments:

Post a Comment