Wednesday, July 21, 2010

sweet summertime

















so on this night in july when i can't sleep at all (due to the steroids prescribed for my back) i have been thinking ...
thinking about summer...

thinking about how as kids we love summer... it meant a break from the ordinary... no school no homework no drama with classmates... Summer meant change and as kids any idea of change from the ordinary excites us...
now i am looking at what will be probably my last summer break... i have a little over a month left and i'm ready to get back to the ordinary... but i am slowly realizing that the ordinary is not the same as it was when i left my haven at 401b ... the change that awaits me at "ordinary" is quite big... probably the biggest change that i have ever experienced at once... thats a big deal...

now don't get me wrong i love the idea of summer time... lazy days in the sun .. but some of the biggest changes in my life have happened over summer break... making it hard to say that i actually love summer...
i look forward to the days when change comes slowly... when I don't have to stop my life in one place and come back in 3 months to find everything is different and only a few things remain constant
i'm not sure what i am getting at but there it is...
from the mind of chelsea lou

No comments:

Post a Comment