Tuesday, June 15, 2010

week 2 ... what an adventure already

So.. i have been in girwood a week and i love it... I know that this is exactly where God wants me to be this summer.
I have met so many interesting people and with the natural counselor tendencies hidden within my bag of tricks i have successfully heard many of their stories. And God is using it in a profound way.
One thing for you all to know about resort missions is that its all about the relationships. God loves people in the circumstance that they are currently in and being Christians (little Christs) we are supposed to exhibit that love and show it to the people who need it most. So that is what we are doing here... showing love in a real way... not in a words only way but in a I want to be your friend and serve you no matter if you love my Jesus or not... if you come to love him this summer through encounters with me... GREAT!!! Praise God!... but if not... thats ok... i still want to be your friend.
God in a great turn of events led me to several Christians the first day I spent out in town.. it was so encouraging. God knew i needed that the first day.
Every day since then I have been meeting interesting people left and right who are more than happy to share their stories with me. One Girl came here for the summer last year and stayed. (don't worry naenae or beverly, I love girdwood but i love starkvegas more). One christian lady shared her salvation and the process God took her through to meet her husband and now they are doing ministry together here. One guy worked on a goat farm.
I am finding that everyone is an interesting person and everyone has a story and WANTS to tell it. They are just waiting for someone to ask and stop and really listen to what they are saying.
I Challenge all of you who are reading this to ask a stranger about their story this week. or even ask someone you know but want to know better and let me know how it goes. I know that God has blessings left and right for those who search for them!
Love you all!
-Chelsea Lou ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment