Saturday, May 11, 2013

Porkchops and Plums

As I continue my adventure to cook through my copy of Glamour's 100 Recipes Every Woman Should Know I am going to try to do a better job at documenting it for your pleasure. 

On Thursday night I cooked for the Baking Bride and her hubby. Usually we would all sit down together for a meal like this but there were lots of activities to be completed before the big graduation weekend here in Starkville so we all ate separately. 

Here are the instant seduction pork-chops from the cookbook. This recipe taught me to make a "Pan" out of two layers of tin foil and use it to broil your pork and it doesn't take long at all... and an even shorter clean up!


I served the pork with a savory cranberry sauce that I made up on the go. 
I was just really craving a savory fruit sauce and cranberries and apples go great with pork. This doesn't have apples in it but it would be a nice addition. 
I will share my recipe in my next post.

The meal ended with this lovely dessert. A "Make New Friends Plum Cobbler" With fresh plums and a touch of cinnamon. It was quite yummy ... not nearly as rich as the peach, apple or berry cobblers I've made in the past, which is good... that means you don't feel nearly as guilty when you help yourself to a second helping!!!

That being said... I think we'd need to double the recipe if we had any more than 5 friends in attendance!


Thanks for Checking in!
Chels

No comments:

Post a Comment