Monday, May 13, 2013

25th Birthday: a 30 before 30 update

My 25th birthday came and went a few weeks ago and it was a really great, low key birthday. 

You may not know this about me but I'm not really a fan of being the center of attention when I'm not in charge, so I'm glad that this birthday was low key because it was a big one. The quarter life crisis took its toll but I've come out of it a better person with a positive outlook on where I'm going rather than the negative outlook on what HASN'T happened in my plan life yet.

But I did get 2 birthday cakes and had cake at the lingerie shower Friday night. I was so blessed from my friends and family and had something like 6 meals gifted to me and a cute pair of earrings from Francesca's from my fabulous friend Jennie! (Shes the one who made the burlap ornaments for Nightgown party) 


Bruiser was creeping in the photo to the left. You see him?!?  He's the sweetest English Bulldog I've ever had the pleasure of meeting.... and that says alot since I did go to College at MSU where our mascot is a Bulldog. He's owned by Shane, my sister's boyfriend.. and she must like him a LOT because she lets this pup get on her bed. So not the old Ka-Ka!!

Bruiser, Valtentines 2013
I got to spend my birthday weekend in my favorite city (NOLA) eating some fantastic food with some fantastic Ladies! Here is a photo of us all (Sans 1 Matron of Honor who's behind the camera) at the Audubon Zoo. 
Photo Courtesy of Molly Reid of Reid Photography, Jackson, MS.

 I thought I'd give y'all an update on my 30 before 30 goals. I'll just go down the list and give any news if applicable:

1) Cook through a Cook Book:
      I started this in January and have really enjoyed it so far! The book I chose to cook through was Glamour's "100 Recipes Every Woman Should Know". I have cooked the following recipes from the book and will make another 1 or 2 this week!
Instant Seduction Porkchops
I'll Take Care of you Mashed Potatoes
Make New Friends Plum Cobbler
Single Digit Grocery Bill Stew
Impress His Family Chardonnay Cake
Forget the Mistake you Made at Work Margarita
Thanks for Helping me Move Michelada
Bikini Season Baked Salmon
Gingery Green Beans
Easy Peasy Risi e Bisi
Just Kiss me Garlic Bread
Italian Chicken
We Still Miss the Sopranos Spaghetti and Meatballs
Secretly Good for You Banana soft serve
Wake Up and Make Up Sausage Biscuits

Skip a few..

22) Compete in an Adventure Run:
    We haven't offically signed up but the Bestie and I are looking at the Diva Dash in Chicago in August. So excited! I even printed out a training guide and have started a running program to prepare!

Skip # 23...

24) Get a Tattoo!:
    I am excited about this one... a friend (not sure if she wants it publicized who she is) wanted to gift me something from my 30 before 30 list for my 25th Birthday and this is the one she picked! EEK!!! So excited and blessed and can't wait to get to do the planning needed when making such a permanent decision with her!! Thank you again friend!!

25) Give up Soda for an entire year:
    I'm on day 211 of 365!!! and it has not been easy. The every day getting water or half and half tea is easy. It's the stressful days when its killer. Coke was my #1 way to relieve stress and every now and then when its been a stressful day or there is just stress in the air I NEED a coke. but I haven't had one since October 15th. The only exception to this goal has been the ginger ale or sprite in punches and 1 cup of ginger ale after an Upper Endoscopy for my tummy troubles. But that is it as far as sodas go... and we have a beautiful soda fountain at the church, that I haven't had the pleasure of trying yet!!

Skip a few more...

29) Exercise for 50 consecutive days:
     I have started this one like 8 times and failed on day 2. every. time. ... haha... But today was day 3 of 50! and tomorrow is day 3 of my new running program. I will stick with it... I will... if not.. I have 4.9 years left to try again!! No worries until march of 2018, then we'll need to get worried!

and 30) Own a Pair of Louboutins:
     I don't have a pair yet.. but I did get myself a quart mason jar and am saving all my pennies and dimes to put toward this goal! That is a LOT of pennies and Dimes I'm gonna need!!

So there you go. Its not a "Quick" update but its nice to put  my progress on paper. 
Thanks for reading! (and if anyone knows Tim tell him to facebook me! ;) )
-Chelsea Lou!!

No comments:

Post a Comment