Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Day One... A Success!

Like the title says, day one of my getting back on track was a success! I usually do really great on day one so its not that big of a deal but its ok to celebrate the little things!

I will be posting later this week on my specific goals and plans to reach them so get excited!

One important part of this journey that I want to share with you today is that I have to give this to God, every time, all the time. While still laying in the bed this morning I committed this day and my eating habits today to Him. I can't do this without Him, and I know that!

Back in 2010 when we got serious about losing weight for all the weddings in our apartment it was all Him (My weight  dropped 30 lbs in 2 months). We started off the South Beach program with a fast and each time we felt hungry, we reminded ourselves and each other that "My God is greater than my Hunger." This is a statement that I will need to repeat over and over to myself through this journey. I'll probably paint it on something and put it near my microwave/fridge in the dorm just to remind myself when I'm being tempted!

Until Next Time!
Chels

PS....
Pray for me today. I've got to take my permit test for driving a school bus and I'm not as prepared as my dad says I should be so I'm nervous. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment